Our project in the Dominican Republic has three main objectives;
- to better understand the marine mammal sanctuary in Estero Hondo and to extend that protection to sharks as well
- to conduct an assessment of the juvenile sharks found in the mangrove systems and improve fisheries management
- to involve the local authorities and students in the project’s research and monitoring efforts in order to establish a better connection between them and their natural heritage.
Follow us on our journey as we aim to achieve all three goals!
- Susana Navajas, Project Leader
- Manuel Rodriguez, Research Leader
- Guillermo Ortuño, Research Scientist
- Sergi Escandell, Videographer & Photographer
- Mauricio Gomez, Volunteer Leader