Founded In 2010, our goal is to better the status of the world’s oceans through successful and positive shark interactions, local grassroots conservation and world-wide education and awareness.
Sharks are the ambassadors of the oceans and we want to better protect the status of the world's oceans through one positive shark interaction at a time.
- In 2010, we helped pass a law that protected Lemon sharks in the waters of Florida,
- In 2012, we helped pass another Florida law that protects Tiger sharks, Smooth, Scalloped and Great Hammerheads which became effective on January 1st, 2012.
- We helped with a California law that stops the sale, trade and possession of shark fins.
- We've successfully stopped shark fin soup from being a part of several restaurant menus in the USA.
- We've drafted letters showing our disagreement with international finning laws.
- We were involved with CITES in 2013 where it was a historic year for shark conservation; Porbeagle, Oceanic Whitetips and several Hammerheads gained international protection.
- We've organized domestic and internationally rallies.
- We have conducted small scale independent research to better ID sharks by their dorsal fins. (In process)